Home > Residential Services > Property Taxes

The University Endowment Lands (UEL) does not assess or collect property taxes on behalf of UEL residents; and, is unable to supply any tax information for individual properties in our jurisdiction.

As the UEL is considered a rural area, the Rural Property Tax branch administrates the collection of property taxes from UEL residents and taxes are paid directly to the Province of British Columbia.

As such, UEL residents receive their property tax notices from the Province's Surveyor of Taxes, annually, in June.

To update your mailing address with the Rural Property Tax branch, you will need to submit address changes to both BC Assessment and the BC Land Title & Survey Authority (LTSA). More information is available on the following webpages:

BC Assessment: Update Your Property Information
BC LTSA: Change Mailing Address on Title
Annual property taxes must be paid to the Surveyor of Taxes by July 4th of every year.

A list of important dates for your property taxes can be viewed here.

Payments can be made online, or through your bank or financial institution. Please refer to the reverse side of your tax notice for other payment options.

For more information regarding your property taxes, please see the contact information below:

Rural Property Tax

Rural Property Tax Branch

Phone: 1 (888) 355-2700

Speculation and Vacancy Tax

Speculation and Vacancy Tax Branch

Phone: 1 (833) 554-2323